Shimmying endler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oto

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I noticed this morning that one of my female endlers and one of my males were shimmying with pinched fins. The tank has been establish for about three years now, and is stocked with about twenty endlers including their fry. It's ten gallons dirted and planted with anubias, swords, java fern, and Christmas moss. Thee other fish are behaving normally.

The ammonia measures zero ppm, buying fully have a test kit to make any other tests.

I would think the shimmy is from harassment, but one of the males is doing this too. Is this contagious, and what can I do about it?

Thanks.

Nobody is really sure what causes "shimmying" in guppies.
Most say it is water quality related, or from poisining some sort of chemical.

Once again we start this debate. Fish do not suddenly "shimmy" because the water is not the same as the water where their wild counterparts reside.
Fish are automatically use to the water they are born in, in this case, the water in mass.
I would look elsewhere for a cause.

After a series of small water changes, the endlers have stopped shimmying. I think that the cause was water quality .

Back
Top Bottom