Should I be worried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
img_572571_0_56655c91ed5e5fe8f1b5e2d6f4f82f39.jpg

I went to feed my fish today and noticed that my angel had some clear whitish colored feces. It's really thin. I'm not sure if you can see it to well in the picture. I've read that white stringy feces means like internal parasites and stuff like that and I'm starting to wonder if I should go buy some medication to treat this. Also I didn't feed it for 2 days so the other angel would at least try eating flakes. This angel eats a lot, so I'm not sure if it's any parasites. Any Ideas? Oh and no strange behavior, very active comes to the front of the tank whenever I get close.

*Edit* Just in case you can't find it, if you look closely you will see a white line going from left to right at a slant.

If you just noticed this I would wait a day or so and see and what happens next. Could be a one time deal and if the fish is acting healthy and pooping normally tomorrow I wouldn't worry about it. However if the poo gets longer and longer and it seems like the fish is having a hard time expelling it or it continues to be white and stringy then I would tread with some medicated flakes.

Back
Top Bottom