Sick??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
If so what to I do to make him healthy again

Attachments

• image-3796807977.jpg
    image-3796807977.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 82
If your talking about the bent spine, the most comon cause for that is inbreeding. Did you get this guppy from a friend or was it a baby from one of yohr other guppys?

If your talking about the bent spine, the most comon cause for that is inbreeding. Did you get this guppy from a friend or was it a baby from one of yohr other guppys?

Came from my own tank

Deformities like this come naturally from birth. You don't see these in stores because people do what is known as culling.
They kill the fry (hopefully humanely) that have negative traits - bad coloring, deformation small bodies so the ones with good traits - large, flowy fins, hardier immune systems survive and pass on the genes.
Your fish will most likely live fine but if it breeds expect more fish to look like that you don't want it in the gene pool but don't just go killing it now if you can avoid breeding in any way I'd suggest that.

Can they live that way?

I do believe they can I found a platy at an old LFS (will NEVER go there again) that had a spine bent upwards making it hard for him to swim. He had a mustache that looked like Hitler's. lol not so innocent :sweatdrop:
Anyways he lasted a good healthy life in my tank for about a year until one my old angel (don't have anymore) killed him :(

Back
Top Bottom