Sick Angelfish - 4 of them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
37 gallon tall tank (I know not big enough eventually but they are only just a little bigger than toonie sized right now)

Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate 10-20

The tank has a dwarf gourami who doesn't bother them, three platies and some corydoras.

The angelfish came from a local guy they are koi angelfish - they have always been quite steady and lively even though they have slightly droopy dorsal fins.

In the last few days they are all clamping their fins (some more than others) - one has white spots in his tail but not on his tail (not ick for sure - I have experienced ick before unfortunately) - it is more a coloration in the tail and they are barely eating and hiding a lot.

Nothing has changed in the tank except I did do a larger water change after I noticed the symptoms (usually do 35% each week) - temp is about 78.

I understand that there is a disease that can affect only angelfish as all of the other fish in the tank are fine but would still be grateful for any help - would hate to just have to sit back and watch them go.

Need pic or video. I will help without nagging you about water quality. But i hope the tank is cycled at least.

Thanks tank is fully cycled but noticed things were getting a bit mucky with the live plants - removed the ones which shed needles and sticking with swords and crypts - angelfish have perked up dramatically - feeding frozen brine shrimp seemed to help! Appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom