Sick Angels Need Advice- Black spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aditi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
Two of my angels have developed black spots behind their eyes near their gills. Its a 10gallon tank and I do 10-15% water changes every other day.
They are behaving normally. Eating well. No abnormal gill movements or any such thing.
I am very new to the hobby. Therefore, I performed a web search and found out that it could be some internal parasite. So I just started them on Lifeguard by Instant Ocean (for freshwater fishes). Some other website (Untitled Document) said that it could also be viral septicemia…?
I am hoping you could help me identify what is wrong with them and suggest possible cures and medication?
Here are the pictures.

Thanks,
A
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

I have no idea. Some info we need that would make it easier to help you:
1. Size of tank (10 gal but say it again so it's all in one spot!)
2.How many fish in tank, what kind
3.Type of filtration
4.Water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH)
5.How long have you had fish/added new ones/had the tank

Hi :)
I'm not an angel fish expert, but one thing I do know for sure about them is that they require a minimum of 30 gallons of water per fish. Two angels in 10 gallons is really overstocked and could be leading to ammonia burns. Not saying that's what the spots are-you say your fish are acting normally-but if you can upgrade your tank to a larger size, it will help stave off problems in the future. :)

Back
Top Bottom