sick beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my little red female beta isn't acting right. She is normally happy to come swim to the front and see me and eagerly awaits her food. The last two days she has not been eating, acting happy to see me or coming to the front of the tank. She is slow and is leaning/resting on top of things instead of swimming around but appears to be breathing harder. Any ideas? About to move her to a isolation tank.

its a 10 gal tank with a blue gourami, a bristle nose pleco and a drawf frog. tank has been established at least 6 months. just did a heavy gravel vacuum and about 75% water change with Prime.

WHAT?! You have a betta, a gourami, a pleco and a frog in a ten gallon? O_O way to small let alone being incompatible. What's your water quality like? Can you post your results. Gourami's need minimum 120 litres as they can grow to 12cm as an adult.

I'd suggest doing homework when it comes to suitable tank mates and get a bigger tank asap!

I am moving out of my apartment next month and into my house and plan on getting a tank at least double the size.

I'm suspecting your betta is stressed, I'd be worried if she'd she even survive a month though :/

she developed a big bloated white belly, pine cone shaded pointed scales and was floating on her side. I looked it up and it said dropsy. I removed her from the tank, gave her a few salt baths with warm water, didn't feed her for a few days then fed her peas and she is completely back to normal now in a different tank. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom