Sick betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Help! I did a water change and now my betta is swimming at a 45 degree angel and will tilt to his side and keeps diggin in the gravel! Here are some pictures do show you. Please help me!now he is sometimes at a 90 degree angel, and when he swims his tail goes above the rest of his body

Attachments

• image-176203959.jpg
    image-176203959.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3850118781.jpg
    image-3850118781.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image-193316408.jpg
    image-193316408.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1600886352.jpg
    image-1600886352.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 49
Did you remember to add water conditioner? Do you use prime? Water parameters? Testing method? What type of feed? Temp of the water?
water change sch?

Did you remember to add water conditioner? Do you use prime? Water parameters? Testing method? What type of feed? Temp of the water?
water change sch?

Yes I put in conditioner, prime. Parameters are ammo-0 nitrate 12 nitrite 0 ph 7 betta flakes, API test kit

I would feed an unshelled blanched pea, I think your little guy has swim bladder. Thats why he is swimming funny. Feed him only unshelled pea once a day for aq couple days. Change his water out, and then once a week for the rest of his little days fast (no food) and feed one pea instead of his food. Is his tank filtered and heated? He needs to stay @ around 78 degrees to be happy and healthy

the pea will clean him out, then don't feed him a couple days.
day 1 pea
day 2 pea
day 3 pea
day 4 no food
day 5 very little food, see how he swims or no food if no better

What size tank? If he is the only inhabitant; I'd fast for about 3 days & add Epsom salt, pre dissolved, to the tank, it'll act as a laxative & clean his system out.

They come that way I believe out of the bag. I get frozen, set on the counter and squish into the tank. if not cooked little water in a microwaveable bowl 20 secs should do it.

make sure to do a water change after the pea, they are messy and dirty up the tank!

Make sure you have a good heater! Bettas are more prone to sickness in fluctuating temperatures

Back
Top Bottom