Sick Betta Fish consult

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cindyf100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm looking for help with my betta.
He was looking fine on Friday and I fasted him on Friday morning, but later in the day I noticed he was bottom sitting. I checked his water parameters, and they were 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, about 7 ppm nitrate. Since it was water change day, i did a small water change & dosed with Prime.

My LFS said to try aquarium salt and betta fix. He's doing a little better and is up on a leaf now, but now that I can see him better, I can tell that he's having a hard time breathing, has lost his color and his fins are clamped. Temp is 79 degrees. His swim bladder appears a little swollen, but that's normal for him.He came from the LFS and had a genetic or injury related swim bladder disorder & curved spine, but was otherwise healthy. He got over that and swims normally no problem.
I don't think he was bloated on Friday, so it doesn't seem to be normal constipation / swim bladder. Here's a photo. His stomach and face are usually blue or light blue, so
he's very washed out.

I've been adding Betta Fix since Saturday and am wondering what to try next or if i should just wait it out the 7 days recommended on the bottle. Also, since he looks bloated, I'm wondering the salt was a bad idea. I dosed a very small amount...1/2 teapoon a gallon. Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5625.jpg
    IMG_5625.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom