Sick betta? Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cp1992

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I have a betta who looks unwell. See attached pic. I’ve had him for probably about 4 weeks and he’s looked like this for 2 weeks. He is eating fine, swimming fine and seems to have a good temperament, a little bit quiet sometimes but that’s just bettas being bettas I thought. He just doesn’t look healthy with the stress stripes and loss of colours, also red marks on side of face. His fins are starting to get rot.

Water parameters; ammonia and nitrite 0 and nitrate 5ppm. Temperature 25 degrees Celsius. I have him in a 28 litre tank with a tetra and mystery snail. Have had the tetra for ages and got the mystery snail when I got the betta. Both are fine.

Betta had a couple of white spots on his face a week ago (pretty sure ich - I’ve attached another pic with the spots) but they have gone and come back throughout the week but currently gone again. He also had a dark mark on his head at one point but this went away after using bettafix, someone suggested will calm him and de stress too. Have done water changes, removed air stone and put filter to low over the past couple weeks. He has plenty of hiding spots. Added 1 teaspoon of salt yesterday and probably going to do another teaspoon today, just want to be gradual with the adjustments. I have been feeding a mix of small amounts of high protein fish food and freeze dried blood worms.

Has anyone got any ideas? I’m so worried that he will die and I IMG_9702.JPGIMG_9700.jpgjust want him to be happy and healthy!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom