Sick Black Ghost Knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ManInAHat73

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey. I started to do my weekly cleaning of my tank and noticed some white spots on my BKG. I believe its ich. I've treated for ich before, but never with a scaleless fish. I was wondering, can I use the same type of ich medication or do I need to buy a special type of ich medication? If I do, what is the best kind to use?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Oh, and I am currently moving my BKG to my QT tank.

if it is ich then you need to treat the whole tank. i like the heat and salt method my self. there is a write up here on it.

Thanks mgamer. Have you ever heard of a sudden case of ich? I check out my fish almost everyday when I feed them to make sure there are no parasites such as ich. He was fine yesterday, and today, he has ich.

I started to raise the temperature of the tank, and I'm about to go out and get some more aquarium salt and add it after I do a huge water change. Or should I not do one yet?

Thank you both. I've just started the salt treatment and hopefully he'll recover and I won't have a breakout with the other fish.

Fish can, in times of stress, get ich or rather become more susceptible to ich. BGK will tolerate the temp rather well, don't forget to add a little more aeration as well.

Good luck!:)

try a medicine called nox-ich. it worked for me and turn the temperatur up to about 88 degrees

Back
Top Bottom