Sick Black Moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navarrosarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday my white fantail fish died. Today I noticed my black moor has white spots and I am worried about him. They were both living together in a 30 gallon tank. I have had them both about 2 years now. I do a 50 percent water change weekly. I have attached a photo. Is this ich or something else? How do I treat it? I am guessing the other fish was probably sick also but since it was mostly white I didn't notice it.

Sarah

I dont see any picture, but males will get spots called "tubercolis" when they are in mating season, its warming up and almost spring, that could be the issue....

Test your water. It's good you are doing water changes. But a 30g is a min size for two.

I'd do a pwc now and then retest the water.

I'm sorry you lost your fish.

GF need major filtration and may need more water changes to keep up water quality as they grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday my white fantail fish died. Today I noticed my black moor has white spots and I am worried about him. They were both living together in a 30 gallon tank. I have had them both about 2 years now. I do a 50 percent water change weekly. I have attached a photo. Is this ich or something else? How do I treat it? I am guessing the other fish was probably sick also but since it was mostly white I didn't notice it.

Sarah

Could you post a picture? How's your black moor now?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He or she, is doing much better now. I dosed him with some malachite green a few times and now all the white stuff is gone off of him and he is eating and swimming well. He seems fine now. I am so happy

Sarah

Back
Top Bottom