Sick cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the problem is, you dont have a heater in there if its at room temp and room temp is not stable. what size tank is it? even 55 gallon tanks aren't stable at room temp and can cause problems. this is most common among goldfish, because of the temperature changes, but it can happen with other fish.

the problem is, you dont have a heater in there if its at room temp and room temp is not stable. what size tank is it? even 55 gallon tanks aren't stable at room temp and can cause problems. this is most common among goldfish, because of the temperature changes, but it can happen with other fish.

X2 you need a heater too

I have a heater but I don't have it in the tank because I'm in Florida and it's hot hot jot

I have a heater but I don't have it in the tank because I'm in Florida and it's hot hot jot

It's best to have one to keep a stable temp. This doesn't mean you have to keep it at 80 degrees all the time. It's the stability that's so important. Like others said, took temp wont stay stable.

It's best to have one to keep a stable temp. This doesn't mean you have to keep it at 80 degrees all the time. It's the stability that's so important. Like others said, took temp wont stay stable.

So should I put the heater in and crank it up?

I put the heater in but I'm unsure what temp it's set at

Good news the bubbles on his skin are deflating and he's swimming searching for food again yay! But one thing the heater is stuck on high so my tank is at 86 degrees yikes

i have this thermometer for water changes and getting tanks to the right temp. it goes from -58 to 300 degrees and its waterproof. it is very helpful
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7693804605630612561?q=digital+food+thermometer&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en&biw=320&bih=416&sa=X&ei=UwELUsijOeLh2QWu7oD4Bg&ved=0CHIQ8wIwAA#hsec:eek:verview

It's not that I have another thermometer it's just that I need the heater to get the water I'm putting in to the right temp

Back
Top Bottom