Sick cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are these protruding bubble things on my Cory and they are getting bigger everyday what is this?

image-2041463743.jpg

image-1264445268.jpg

What are the parameters on you tank and what test kit are you using if u do t have the liquid master kit buy it it's only 30 bucks

I may think it is a fish lice need some other members to chime in if it is a lice all you have to do is take the fish out and use a pair of tweezers to full it off and then swab the wound with hydrogen peroxide

I may think it is a fish lice need some other members to chime in if it is a lice all you have to do is take the fish out and use a pair of tweezers to full it off and then swab the wound with hydrogen peroxide

Some of the bubbles are filling with blood so I put In some medicine hope it works

Maybe popeye? I would just raise the temp to 80ish do large water changes every other day. If that doesnt help come back and telll use

definitely not popeye. what is your water change schedule? it looks like gas bubble disease. do you match your water change temp to tank water temp? temperature and pressure swings are what causes gas bubble disease. here is a link that has a picture of a cory with gas bubble disease
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/disease.html

Never heard of it. Im still a newb XD 2yrs in. Ive never had sick fish. Just ich once

definitely not popeye. what is your water change schedule? it looks like gas bubble disease. do you match your water change temp to tank water temp? temperature and pressure swings are what causes gas bubble disease. here is a link that has a picture of a cory with gas bubble disease
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/disease.html

Monthly 25-30% water change and yeah the temp are always both room temp ish

Theres more than just ammonia, trites, and trates in water. When you do a water change it gets rid of chemicals and replaces key minerals. I do %30-50 water changes in all of my tanks weekly

Every other week would be good?

Back
Top Bottom