Sick Cory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danicole

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help!

First some background, I have a 50g, lightly planted, that's been up and cycled for a little over 2 months. I did a water test today and the results were ammo-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5-10. Ph stays between 7.6-7.8.

Stock- 8 Glofish tetras, 5 black neon tetras, 4 longfin zebra danios, 6 green Cory cats, 1 red dwarf gourami, 2 mystery snails, and 5-10 ghost shrimp.

This afternoon I noticed one of the cory cats lying on its side on the bottom of the tank. Breathing seemed normal, but when it swims it either stays on its side or flips upside down, and seems to be spiraling, somewhat out of control, instead of swimming straight. I removed it to a quarantine tank, and all other fish are acting 100% normal.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with him??

Did you cycle the tank with the cories in it or did you get the them after the tank was cycled? Cycling with fish does have long-term effects, many of which show up post-cycle.

David

They were added about 2 weeks after the cycle stabilized. All the other fish are fine, as stated in the original post. The sick Cory is dead by now, so I guess it is more just a matter of keeping a close watch on the others to make sure they stay fine.

Back
Top Bottom