Sick Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmar1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I need help. I’m sorry if this is a double posting, I believe I did my homework and couldn’t find a thread that could help me but I’m sorry if I missed it. I have a flame dg that is badly sick. It started a couple weeks ago with bloating and SB problems. I noticed it right away and began research. He was always floating, but could never stay righted. He didn’t stay at the top or bottom and wasn't upside down. First he swam diagonally, then vertically with his head down. I ruled out Dropsy as he didn’t have pinecone effect. I thought it was constipation so I fasted him for 2 days and then began feeding him peas and Epsom salt baths. On day 5 he was laying on the bottom of the tank curled up and writhing. I’d give him baths and he just wouldn’t poop. Then day 6 I woke up and he was fine! He had poop trailing behind him, was no longer bloated and swimming great. Poop was very long (5-6 inches) and clear/white though. He was good for 2 days, and then the 3rd day I came out to the tank in the morning and thought he was dead. Laying on the bottom of the tank not moving. But he was breathing. He’s been like that now for about 6 days. Again I bathed him and fasted him, but to no avail. I stopped bathing him because he’s not bloated and does poop and didn’t want to stress him as I basically have to scoop him off the bottom. Also I have to hand feed him each day with a long plant tweezers thing. He’s very hungry but I can only get maybe one or two flakes to him. I’ve included a picture. He’s not bloated, no pine cone, no skin problems, nothing I can see. He just can’t swim. I got API General Cure but that’s Didnt help. His eyes bulge a little bit he’s very much aware of his surroundings and moves his eyes and watches me when I’m at the tank. Does anyone have suggestions? I don’t want to loose him!
I have a 10g planted tank. 6 glow light tetras and two shrimp with him. Everyone’s healthy. Water is good, 0-0-10/20 nitrates. I do a water change weekly. Ph around 7.7 GH and KH normal for a planted tank. Tank was cycled for about 3 months and I’ve had him for 3 months too. Also I try to feed them a good diet, two types of flake food, freeze dried mysis shrimp and daphnia, peas, and seaweed. Dried bloodworms on occasion and live bbs though he doesn’t like them.

Thanks !!

B41068B9-8D1B-418A-9999-65F60F84C859.jpg

Here’s the picture. He’s just laying on the gravel.

I’ve decided to do a treatment of Maracyn and Maracyn 2. Does anyone think of any other ideas ?

Back
Top Bottom