Sick dying danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denzel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First thing i saw was a tiny red dot on one of my danios. Later he started getting thinner and the red dot looked like a open wound. Now 3days later in quaraintine tank the wound grew bigger and he started floating and doesnt eat. He breaths heavily too. Anyone knows what to do with this. I did water tests and all seems fine tanks cycled i had this fish for a couple months already the red dot started apearing after i fed frozen/thawed bloodworms maybe that could be the case.

Attachments

• F03A2C89-E32D-4A35-B7AF-5F6FD75D2220.jpg
    F03A2C89-E32D-4A35-B7AF-5F6FD75D2220.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 32
I can't be sure, maybe it's a growth of tumor or trauma from another fish?

It could be a but than it has to be really really long time ago when my tank first cycled i put the 6 danios together alone they nipt eacht other fins etc but notinh too much a week ago i noticed a small red spot really smal on hid belly and now this after like 3 days

I had a cae 4cm in there for 2 days after i brought it back because i realised and looked up that there arent albino/gold SIAMESE algae eaters could it be him sucking his scales but the fish where of the same size and i had food in there

Last edited:
The red marking on the Danio is possibly Septicemia, a hemorrhaging under the skin indicating an intestinal infection. No way of determining bacterial, viral or parasitic. Once things get to that stage there's really nothing that can be done.

Thank you he passed away yesterday night in the morning he was swimming normally but later that day i saw him motionless on the bottom and took him out

Back
Top Bottom