Sick female platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yhbae

Aquarium Advice Activist
Due to the harrasement of the male platy, this one got sick and caught ich, which has been separated from the rest of the fishes. She caught both ich and some sort of cotton-looking infection where the body and the tail meets.

I left the tank at 87F to treat her with ich about 10 days ago and she seems to have lost all the white dots, but that cottony thing remains. I've been giving the full dosage of Fungus Eliminator since it is supposed to treat fungus, including the cottony kind.

It's been one week since I treated her with this medicine and so far, I'm not seeing much improvement VISUALLY. She is very active and certainly doesn't act as if she is sick, except for that big cotton patch which is clearly visible. She eats very well, and isn't picky with food either.

Is it supposed to take longer than a week to treat this disease or did I diagonize it wrong?

Appreciate any feedback!

Can't really see the cottony stuff in the pics. What needs to be determined is whether its true fungus, or columnaris, which looks like fungus but is actually a bacterial infection. Take a look here and see which matches better: http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html

Hmm... None of them looks like what she has. She did have a little white stuff hanging out of her mouth about a week ago, but that is gone right now...

I can't believe how bad she looks yet she is acting very healthy... :(

Back
Top Bottom