Sick Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have about 6 Jack Dempsey fish that my Older Jack's had about 1 1/2 ago. They are about 3" long now. Two of their siblings died in the last few days, for no apparent reason... So i started watching them all more closely. They appear to be turning a dusty black. Almost like algae is on them but the tank is clean no algae at all. Can someone help me before i lose more fish???

The only thing i have done new to the tank is added two algae eaters. One died the next day and the other seems to have disappeared. They could have killed them their parents would have if they were in their tank. But i got them big enough for them not to mess with. Unless the algae eaters was sick i dont know what else can be going on. Thanks!

Sick Jacks

I had 8 jacks, 2 died for what i thought was no apparent reason so i started watching them closely. I am noticing a thin layer of black dust on them i think. It almost looks like algae but the tank has no algae. What else can it be? I am going to add a picture. Please help! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389191438.778072.jpg

Not sure if you can see it on there you see it best on his nose.

Have lost another Jack, and about to loose another! I notice now a white fuzzy, maybe fungus growing on the tail of the one thats about to die. Please help! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389627731.612207.jpg

Back
Top Bottom