Sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rabin Singh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.
So a couple of days ago, I put a pair of black ghosts to my 75 gallon tank which already had a couple of gold fish, black moor and marble angel fishes.
I made the mistake of not quarantining them before adding them to the tank. And two days later 2 of the black Moors,angel fish and 1 gold fish became sort of dull and inactive. Spending lots of time around the bottom of the tank. I thought I saw white spots on them. So I started treatment for 'ICK'. But one by one they passed away within 36 hours. The remaining 1 gold and black moor have damaged tails....sort of chewed off.
So is the black ghost attacking them and killing them off or is it because of any disease. Also, should I just tear down my tank and wash it off, and start the bio cycle again??

You had goldfish, an angelfish, and two knifefish in a 75? That was not the best plan. For one, goldfish are coldwater fish, while the others are tropical. For another, I think black ghosts get huge, and I've always read that the recommended tank size is far larger. It's best to do lots of research on compatibility and size of fish before buying. Trust me. I didn't when I first started and it was a disaster.

As far as the injured goldfish go, what are your parameters? They don't have fin rot, do they? Pictures would certainly aid in diagnosing their condition.

My black ghosts are about 2 inches in size. Not very big yet. I'll probably have to get a larger tank after a few months.

As far as my gold fish and black moor are concerned, they didn't make it. I had moved them to the quarantine tank. Still thank you for your concern.

Back
Top Bottom