Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Fishy-Fishy
Sick Fish...

Something is wrong with my Tiger Barbs! We had a death yesterday, and it looks like another probably today, he is in quartantine and not looking good.
They were all fine, all their colours were bright, they were active then yesterday one was just floating with the current, he was still alive but it was like he was paralyzed. Now theres another with the same symptoms, he was just floating with the current, but seemed to come back one i put in in his own little tank for a bit, but now hes just floating on his side in there. Not sure of water parameters, but I know yesterday ammonia was at 0, I'll have to get hubby to check them once he gets home. Any idea whats going on here? There are 2 angels and a julii cory in the tank that seem fine and dandy.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
How long has the tank been set up? Have your hubby check for ammonia and nitrite and let us know. It certainly can't hurt to do a water change regardless. How big is the tank?

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
It certainly can't hurt to do a water change regardless.?
correct.. water changes would at least help to remove any excess nutrients that were released by the deceased fish..
Old 11-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

50% water change, 2 more dead fish this morning, same symptoms, one second they were swimming fine then they were floating sideways in the current and dead shortly afterwards. Hubby did test the water and told me all was fine. He's apparently not concered that the fish are dying, and basically wants to deal with it himself, so I will shut up now. Hopfully he'll do something before everything dies.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Have your husband tell you exactly what the parameters are instead of saying just fine. Ammonia should be 0ppm, nitrite should also be 0ppm, nitrates at about 10-20ppm.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:11 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I would love him too, but I am no longer to be involved in the aquaium care, he wants to do it all himself. Hopefully He will post soon concerning this matter.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
He's apparently not concered that the fish are dying, and basically wants to deal with it himself, so I will shut up now. Hopfully he'll do something before everything dies.
Quote:
I would love him too, but I am no longer to be involved in the aquaium care, he wants to do it all himself. Hopefully He will post soon concerning this matter.
Under the circumstances, hopefully there will be some progress here. I have the topic bookmarked for quick review.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:01 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
If your husband has any questions he can pm me..

Tags
ick, sick, sick fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com