Sick Fish Died - Did I do anything wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
I noticed one of my silvertip tetras was acting a bit strange. Swimming on the surface, and periodically going to hide in a little cave. Very unusual. None of the other fish seem affected. Water parameters fine.

pH 7.2 to 7.5
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
Temp 24.5c

Got a small tank (10 litres) for quarantine purposes, filter (not cycled), heater, light. Set it up, put in some artificial decorations. Filled with water from main aquarium and added some biological media from a cycled filter into the new filter and rinsed a sponge into there as well. Turned it all on and ran it for 20 minutes. Temperature was matched OK.Transfered the fish over, left for 15 minutes. Fish was the same as previously, no better no worse. Added some Esha 2000. Its a general purpose medication ive used before. 10 minutes later the fish is dead.

Did I do anything wrong? Could I have done anything different? Possibly just the stress of moving an already sick fish to a new environment?

Back
Top Bottom