sick fish i think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:(:(

I have a blue acara that is in with festive and sajica cichlid all around 3 inches. i've noticed the acara rubbing heeavily on my fake plants today and he was'nt that interested in eating this morning he is still moving around the tank though but regularly scratching up the plants.
Parameters (ammonia0, nitrites0, nitrates10, temp, pH 6.8)?
3~ It's a 180l and been cycled 6 weeks and had fish in for 10 days.
4~ I have juwel bio 3 filter

6~i do a 10 % weekly change and stir sand once every two weeks.
7~only had the fish 10 days and slowly added water to their bags whilst floating over an hour whilst putting them in tank

9~only fed them every other day the missed feeding on 567 day due to ammonia reading which is now at 0 again.

The acaras colours dont seem affected and no white spot but the rubbing is very regular the sajica has been crazily pacing up and down the tank glass to the point where it looks like he has gone mad!!

The festive is flashing but not rubbing up the plants? There are no physical signs only their behaviour. Anyone got an idea or suggestions of what could be the issue?

Sounds like velvet. Flash a torchlight at it and if u can see "copper" dust/ dots on its body then it's velvet. To treat velvet I believe it's just aquarium salt and heat. Not sure how well blue acara take aquarium salt though! So I'll leave that to the pros.

Thanks hubert, flashed torch on them and no dust or copper colour. Parameters still fine. Have noticed one tiny white lump on the sajicas head! Not a spot but more of a white bump?

Back
Top Bottom