Sick Flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 flowerhorn with me for around 2 years. About a month ago white spots started to grow on their fins, thinking that it is some lice or fungus, my dad added anti lice solution to it. A day later they become fine and as active as before. one week later the same problem come back, only this time it is more serious. Put them in quarantine and washed the fish tank thoroughly. Few days later one of them become very sick while the other has recover. We put the sick fish back into the fish tank hoping tt it can get more oxygen. It struggle the whole night and a hard time breathing... really break my heart thinking back... it's still struggling when i went to bed tt night but in the morning it's gone... the scene is terrible the fins and tail had turn black... Not wanting tt to happen again, we cleaned the tank and leave it to kill the bacterias for a few days before putting the living flowerhorn back. It has been active and alright till 2 days ago, it started to stay at the corner of the tank and do not eat, it is still able to swim but not as active as before. We get it out again and wash the tank. But it didn't not seems to get better and instead worse... can some one help me? i dun want to face the heartbreaking scene once more

I am sorry to here about your flowerhorn, but the one thing i have noticed is that you keep cleaning out the tank and putting him back in. This won't do him much good either. Each time you empty the tank and fill it back up you are stressing the fish and starting again, what the fish needs is a good well cycled tank. That way you can find out what the problem is and then treat it.

Back
Top Bottom