Sick German Blue Ram female sitting on bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsMoose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone

I'm really worried about my GBR. She's been sitting on the bottom of the tank for 3 days now, breathing heavily. She's gone very dark in colour and she's not eating. She's not moving very much, and when I tried to coax her to swim she just sank back down to the bottom without even trying to swim :( I've managed to put her in a little cave so she's out the way of the other fish in case it's stress causing it, but I'm very worried. The male GBR seems fine and he's swimming around and eating.

Any advice?? Am I going to lose the poor girl?

Carmen.

Attachments

• image-574878527.jpg
    image-574878527.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 170
Thanks for the advice. Literally seconds after I had posted this thread, I looked up and she was out of the cave. I now cannot find here anywhere. How do you lose a fish in a tank?? Going to wait a while and see if I can see her and try and separate her and turn off the lights. Rams don't do this when they're about to lay eggs do they? She had a pinkish blush to her belly...

Thanks for the advice. Literally seconds after I had posted this thread, I looked up and she was out of the cave. I now cannot find here anywhere. How do you lose a fish in a tank?? Going to wait a while and see if I can see her and try and separate her and turn off the lights. Rams don't do this when they're about to lay eggs do they? She had a pinkish blush to her belly...

No they don't

Yeah doesn't sound good at all, the anti socialness and darker appearance is never a good sign. What are your params?

Back
Top Bottom