Sick Ghost Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have around 7 or 8 ghost shrimp in my 20 gallon tank. They have been in there for over a month now and I have had no trouble until now. This morning I found one of my shrimp sitting on a plant but it was no longer transparent. It is now a pale yellow/creme color. I checked my water parameters and everything is normal. My temperature is the same it has always been. So why is my shrimp this color? All my other shrimp are fine. Should I take the sick one out? :confused:

No, it's not eggs, It's whole body it this creme color. I have other shrimp that do have eggs but that's not the case here.

Maybe, I don't know what they look like before they molt so that may be it. I've just never seen any of my shrimp turn that color before so I am a little worried.

I think he's okay. I haven't actually seen him today (who knew a little shrimp can hide so well in a 20 gal ;D ) But my brother said he saw him and that he was still off-colored. As DragonFish71 said, he's probably fine and may just be molting but I'll keep an eye on hm for the next few days. :)

Back
Top Bottom