Sick Goldfish!! I Need Your Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SullenAngel777

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please help me out!!! I got my goldfish two weeks ago from the fair (I can't tell you how old she is otherwise). At first I just kept her in the little travel container but about week ago I put her into a 2 gallon tank. I know a larger tank is recommended but I don't have the money or space for one in my dorm room. It's decorated with aquarium gravel that I let soak for a day in a separate container and one silk aquarium plant. I treated the water with Kordon Smart Start Instant Water Conditioning Kit (NOVAQUA+ and AMQUEL+). Since I've had her I've changed a little of her water every day.

Now to the problem!

At first, when she was still in the travel container, she would occasionally twitch and hit into the sides of the tank. I haven't noticed that in her new aquarium but it may just be because I can't hear her hit anything. Today she started sitting right on the bottom of the tank, actually touching the gravel, and she has barely moved since. She is still capable of swimming to the surface but only kinda flits about around the bottom. I didn't feed her this morning but I tried feeding her now and she didn't eat anything. I don't notice any sores or spots or anything on her body although I may be missing something.

Please help me!! I really want her to be ok!

Thank you

Also, there is a filter that came with the aquarium. I've kept it running since and she would get pulled a little by the current. About an hour ago I turned it off just in case she had gotten too weak to swim.

:welcome: to AA! :)
SullenAngel777 said:
Please help me out!!! I got my goldfish two weeks ago from the fair (I can't tell you how old she is otherwise). At first I just kept her in the little travel container but about week ago I put her into a 2 gallon tank. I know a larger tank is recommended but I don't have the money or space for one in my dorm room. It's decorated with aquarium gravel that I let soak for a day in a separate container and one silk aquarium plant. I treated the water with Kordon Smart Start Instant Water Conditioning Kit (NOVAQUA+ and AMQUEL+). Since I've had her I've changed a little of her water every day.

Now to the problem!

At first, when she was still in the travel container, she would occasionally twitch and hit into the sides of the tank. I haven't noticed that in her new aquarium but it may just be because I can't hear her hit anything. Today she started sitting right on the bottom of the tank, actually touching the gravel, and she has barely moved since. She is still capable of swimming to the surface but only kinda flits about around the bottom. I didn't feed her this morning but I tried feeding her now and she didn't eat anything. I don't notice any sores or spots or anything on her body although I may be missing something.

Please help me!! I really want her to be ok!

Thank you

Also, there is a filter that came with the aquarium. I've kept it running since and she would get pulled a little by the current. About an hour ago I turned it off just in case she had gotten too weak to swim.

Actually I'd try two water changes every day, in a tank that small I would do that. I really hope you have a bigger tank in mind! Also, read these! They'll help you out a lot:
1.http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...-Guide-and-FAQ-to-Fishless-Cycling/Page1.html
2.http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html
3.http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/goldfish-a-psa-153329.html

Back
Top Bottom