Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi all, can anyone give me some advice please? Came home from work last night and my guppy was floating still upright up against a plant. I did a major water change straight away 40% ish. I tested the water too ammonia was slightly up and, nitrites were 0 and nitrates we're about 20 (we've always had high nitrates in our water). He seemed to revive but then saw him very still behind the filter later on. This is very unusual. Freed him and them he seemed to keep moving. He seems to have more of a bent back today and has had quite large eyes for a while. We have had him since Feb but also seem to have been losing fish every other week or so since July. We have lost 4 guppies and 3 tetras. I do a PWC every 7-8 days. I have 2 guppies and 5 neons left. Any thoughts please? This is my first attempt at keeping fish and it was all going well until July time. Do I have something going through the tank and if so do I have to start again completely?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2140458564.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	131574  

Tags
guppy, ick, sick, sick guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com