Sick julius cory catfish. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go find a free 10 gal off Craigslist and start a quarantine tank, add some used filter media to cycle it quickly and get him out of there

If it fails, and he dies .... You'll still be ready for future problems

Go find a free 10 gal off Craigslist and start a quarantine tank, add some used filter media to cycle it quickly and get him out of there

If it fails, and he dies .... You'll still be ready for future problems

Free? I know you can get them for cheap on Craig's, but not free. That's something I need to do, I'm just low on money at the moment.

In my area its rare that I see them for free, maybe you can talk someone down to around $10 for a complete setup. Even that's tough to do, they have nearly $100 invested by time they give up and think they should get it all back. Problem is used tanks lose their value way worse than anything I've ever dealt with.

Keep in mind a rubbermaid type tote can work well as a qt tank when needed.

In my area its rare that I see them for free, maybe you can talk someone down to around $10 for a complete setup. Even that's tough to do, they have nearly $100 invested by time they give up and think they should get it all back. Problem is used tanks lose their value way worse than anything I've ever dealt with.

Keep in mind a rubbermaid type tote can work well as a qt tank when needed.

Thanks, however I think by time I would have gotten a tank setup, and found a spot to put it I would already know if he was gonna live or not. I will try to use something like the Rubbermaid idea you said. I have an old air driver filter that I could use.

Free? I know you can get them for cheap on Craig's, but not free. That's something I need to do, I'm just low on money at the moment.

Lots of people in Vancouver just throw out 10 gals cause nobody wants them when they're used... It's like $16 brand new... They usually put everything in the alley, with filters gravel, etc

I guess vancouver is an expensive city to live in though... People just don't bother trying to sell it

Lots of people in Vancouver just throw out 10 gals cause nobody wants them when they're used... It's like $16 brand new... They usually put everything in the alley, with filters gravel, etc

I guess vancouver is an expensive city to live in though... People just don't bother trying to sell it

Wow.

Your local alleyway, your one stop spot for all your fish tank needs! Lol

I thought he was doing better as he was swimming around more often, but he was dead this morning.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sorry for tour loss. Hopefully you get your tank sorted so you don't lose anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom