Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

sick keyhole cichlid... dianosis/treatment suggestions?

I have a 38 gallon tank with 4 keyhole cichlids, 4 panda cories, and a clown pleco. One of my keyholes seems very stressed lately. He spends all of his time in one corner of the tank behind plants, and is showing dark colors typical of a stressed/frightened keyhole. His fins are clamped as well. He only comes out during feeding, when he eats and returns to his normal coloration. His fins are clamped even at this time.

I know that there is something that is stressing this fish, i just have no idea what... all other fish are healthy, temp is 78, pH 7.4, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 5

I added some salt a few days ago, which has had no effect... i have never had any success using meds, but i am willing to try if someone has a good suggestion

Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

When was your last water change?

Old 09-20-2005, 06:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

last regular water change was a just over a week ago. I am about 2 days behind schedule right now

Tags
cichlid, eat, ich, ick, sick, suggestions, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com