sick lemon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 6 lemon tetras a few days ago they all seemed healthy but now one seems disoriented and has a darker color head (almost greyish) compared to the others. Seems almost similar to the way my serpae's a few months ago acted until they died one by one... :(

The one is almost near the end so I moved him else where incase it could spread... His whole body seems alot darker than the others. But the 5 others are still in qt and will monitor them closely. Water paramaters are fine and I plan on changing out 1/2 today incase there is something in the water that could infect the others. I really don't know what it is... like I said it a similar sickness hit my serpae tetras a while ago. :?

Aside from the color change, did you notice anything else with the Serpaes? Did their behavior change?

With the 2 serpaes a while ago and now 1 lemon tetra. It seems to hit them in 1 day. I wake up everyone seems healthy then something hits them they start swimming all disoriented and then they die.

With the sick serpaes I noticed that they seperated themsevles away from the rest of the school and just stayed pretty much stationary in one area, I'm not positive of the exact color but they had like a redish-brown coloring on thier head. It looked like a wound of some sort. Then others came around and tried to school with the sick one.

The lemon tetra didn't really separate from the school but tried to stay with them the best he could, until I took him out of the tank. Today the remaining 5 seem healthy to me but that could change.

Mine freaked out for a while and lost color while they acclimated to the new community tank and the big gouramis. Maybe try tetracycline tabs in the QT tank?

I dont know but is there some type of sickness that causes them to turn darker. Kinda hard to explain but the insides are darker and differently shaped (larger) than the others noticiably the inside area around its head gets bigger and darker. Maybe its something inside them. But whatever its is I think they all maybe heading for the tank in the sky...

Some sort of parasite is the only thing I can think of. PM Fruitbat and see if he has ever heard of this.

Back
Top Bottom