sick mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey everyone, my cousin has some new mollies. One of them gave birth, and the one we think is the mother look sick. on her head, chin, behind one of her gills are these lightish brown- tan spots that look like either scales missing or food stuck to her body. anybody have an idea of what this might be? I was gonna go ahead and treat with some mela or prima fix but there is two babie mollies in the smae tank in a net cage. I would move them but thats the only tank she has lol is it ok to treat the tank witht he babies? and any ideas what might be on the adult fish?

Moved to unhealthy fish forum. Not sure what might be on the adult molly. Any chance of a pic? What are her water parameters?

I wish they had something to move the mother to. A 2 gallon bucket with a small heater or something that they can change the water in daily. That way they could medicate with something stronger than melafix. I wouldn't have them medicate with any other antibiotics in the main tank because I'm sure they are novices at the cycle thing and medicating the tank would be a mini cycle. You never know what the fish had since they just bought them from the store two days ago, so treating them all might be a good thing as well. Don't worry too much about the babies right now. The tank is too small for 6 mollies to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom