Sick mystery snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sssea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one gold and one blue mystery snail who don't look so good right now. I've moved them from their 2 gal tank to a hospital bowl, but they've been on their backs/sides for 2 days now and have some weird goo coming out of them. The blue one has a crack in his shell and i have no idea where it came from. Please help!

Attachments

• image-2153539791.jpg
    image-2153539791.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 515
Do they smell, if so they r dead, in the pic that was how mines looked when it died, my daughter loved them too, mayb somebody else can help u sooner or later

Sssea said:
I have one gold and one blue mystery snail who don't look so good right now. I've moved them from their 2 gal tank to a hospital bowl, but they've been on their backs/sides for 2 days now and have some weird goo coming out of them. The blue one has a crack in his shell and i have no idea where it came from. Please help!

What are your water parameters, including GH & KH?

Snail shells soften easily if the water is soft.

I put some boiled beach rocks in because I heard it will raise the ph. I'm afraid it may have been too little too late.

Sssea said:
I put some boiled beach rocks in because I heard it will raise the ph. I'm afraid it may have been too little too late.

It depends on the rock, if it's sandstone it can. A cuddlefish bone is choice from what I've read, but have not tried it.

I use cuttle for all of my snails shells, and it works great. Like stated before, smell the snails, you will know if they are dead. Also, mystery snails can go dormant for a few days.

dkpate said:
I use cuttle for all of my snails shells, and it works great. Like stated before, smell the snails, you will know if they are dead. Also, mystery snails can go dormant for a few days.

How is it packaged? LFS sell it or?

Ok, eww, the gold one looks very dead...

Get cuttlebones in the bird section at any lfs or walmart.

Will they close their doors if you touch them or are the snails unresponsive?

Back
Top Bottom