Sick or Injured? Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashenwelt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I have a Rummy Nose tetra that is swiming off, and I noticed that the body around the dorsal fin is whitish, or silverish. He is not swiming with the school, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me:

1. Is the fish sick?
2. Is the fish injured?
3. Recommendations?

Attachments

• C5.jpg
    C5.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 69
  • C3.JPG
    C3.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 66
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 68
  • C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 73
Sadly the fish has died. I am hoping the others do not have it. Finding treatments for the tank are proving more problematic than expected. These days it seems like stores no longer carry meds for fish.

So as a precaution, and seeing what may be ick on a few fish... Running paraguard by seachem in the tank. Hopefully that will knock whatever is in there out.

Any recommendations? I am thinking 21 days or a week afterwards symptoms subside. Hopefully that kills whatever is causing issues.

Also running stability at the same time. Just in case.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

If you have any snails or shrimp, they need to be removed. If you are using Paraguard which contains Malachite Green. I think it could also injure kill Riccia and possibly Subwassertang. Plants can be moved and over time the Ich will not have a host and die.

Watch for cottony growths around the fish mouth and dorsal fins as well as the dark patches.

This thread - sorry I might not have got the links for you before - about Columnaris
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/columnaris-question-347195.html

No shrimp or snails right now. Honestly I have scoured the net, and it isn't on that treatment page, but paraguard was listed in several places as a tank cleaning solution.

Hoping that it helps. And columnairis may be what killed that other fish, but the tiny specks look like ick so I needed something broad that wouldn't kill rams.

Hope this helps. Thank you btw.

Fifth day treating with Seachem Paraguard and so far no fatalities and all but one spot that I could find appear to be gone. No further saddleback.l; from comments it looked like it mainly attacked old or illl fish, so hoped fighting the ick starting to appear that maybe I could cut that off at the pass. Crossing fingers and toes.

Now if the water would stop clouding (0 ammonia .05 nitrite about 10 nitrate)... I would be happier. Monitoring levels.

Back
Top Bottom