sick orange-tailed shark?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy_friend

Aquarium Advice Regular
my orange-tailed shark appears healthy and is certainly growing but has developed a white tip on his dorsal and anal fin. he didn't have it originally and I was just wondering if it is something to be concerned about.

IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg

I believe thats normal, I think they develop that as they get older.

I have no exoerience with this fish so could very well be part of its natural coloring, but I just want to say that's how serious bacterial infection started in one of my fish, white tipped fins. I hate to scare you and hope it's nothing but watch it closely, just in case =)

Yea I would keep an eye on it, just to make sure.. but I know that alot of these fish end up with white on the rims of their fins. If you googled red tailed shark you can see alot of pictures of it.
Its always good to keep an eye on changes just in case tho :)

If it gets fuzzy, starts to look like its rotting away, shredded looking. Then you might have something to worry about.

To me, from what I can see in the pictures, it looks like the normal white tips these fish tend to get.

My red tailed shark has them too and has had them since I got him over a month ago. Very healthy little guy :)

Back
Top Bottom