Sick Oto, Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e2wilhelm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help! One of my Oto's developed a white spot towards its tail fin about 2 days ago. I was watching to see if it would turn fuzzy, but it has not. She seemed to be doing fine until this morning. She started to just hang out and seemed lethargic. I also just noticed a small red dot on the white spot, so it looks like now she has an open wound. I just put some API fungus cure and melafix. After taking out the ac from my filter, she did not have the strength to swim out of the current of my filter intake. The Platies and gourami seem to be pecking at her. My question is, should I just remover her from the tank and euthanize her? I don't want her to suffer or harassed by the other fish. Unfortunately I am newnto this and dont have the resources to have a hospital tank so that is not an option.

It could be an internal parasite,but you should test your water quality.otos can sometimes be sensitive to toxic ammonia and high nitrate levels.good luck!

Back
Top Bottom