Sick Panda Cory NEED HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celticfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
x5nhyyP.png

Im not sure what it is, only fish disease i've had or seen before is Ich which it does not look like. Looks white and stringy

This is a new fish I only got 2 days ago, I got 2, this one is worse than the other but the other may also be affected bought with 6 Otocinclus from the same tank which are all fine. Currently in a 13 Gallon Tank with 4 other Corys and 5 baby Platies(3 months).

So far I added 3 teaspoons of aquarium salt(I also added 1 like 4 days ago during a water change). I also used the medication Malachite Green with Formaldehyde, I added 6ml to treat 60 Litres/16Gallon. I have just bought the medication Melafix/Melaleuca Oil which is said to be anti-bacterial the other one is anti-fungal. Can I mix them? also is there any other medication I need?

I noticed there was something wrong when I never really seen them eat since I added them in and they did move a bit intially 2 days ago, and yesterday were moving but when I fed them today they never really moved. I did think maybe just stress of being added and also their top fins didnt look great so I zoomed in on one with my phone camera and noticed the tiny white stuff on them which is very difficult to see with the naked eye.

I have seen sick and struggling fish before and although it's sick and has this stuff on it it's not acting too badly, not scraping off things, not gasping for air, not swimming weirdly just not eating or moving very much.

Im not sure if its a worm like parasite, fungus, bacteria or what and I know these medications are probably damaging so I want to be careful.

Looks like it might be anchor worms. Hard to tell in a pic. Api says that any of their meds can be used in conjunction with each other, i have used them together many times. But if it is anchor worms, mela or pimafix won't cure that. Might help stave off a secondary infection tho

Back
Top Bottom