sick peppered catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jojobo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just changed the gravel at the beginning of the week. My catfish especially have been stressed out. They twitch and move very weirdly when I am around. Worried they might be sick. A link is here. Thanks.

imgur: the simple image sharer

1~Peppered catfish. Red spots/areas. Eyes sort of glazed?
2~ANN=normal. pH=7.6. Temp=78.
3~ 29 gallon. Less than 6 months.
4~Aqueon QuietFlow™ Power Filter. 200GPH
5~4 masdagascar rainbowfish--3in. 4 balloon eyed tetras--2in. 3 emerald cories. 2 spotted cories. (I know it's overstocked, but my dad does not want to give them away.)
6~Water change today. Vacuum gravel a week ago. Do this every week. Removed 50 percent. But will cut down to 20 percent.
7~emerald catfish-from 6 months. The others 3 or 2 months ago.
8~Just changed substrate. From gravel to pool filter sand.
9~hikari pellets. Tried feeding them bloodworms, but didn't seem to eat.

The emeralds look fine, and the peppered might be getting nipped at a little

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe im not feeding them enough. Maybe theyre stressed. Who do you think is doing the nipping?

The red areas are caused by nipping? I didnt know fish nipped other fish's bodies.

I just changed the gravel at the beginning of the week. My catfish especially have been stressed out. They twitch and move very weirdly when I am around. Worried they might be sick. A link is here. Thanks.

imgur: the simple image sharer

1~Peppered catfish. Red spots/areas. Eyes sort of glazed?
2~ANN=normal. pH=7.6. Temp=78.
3~ 29 gallon. Less than 6 months.
4~Aqueon QuietFlow™ Power Filter. 200GPH
5~4 masdagascar rainbowfish--3in. 4 balloon eyed tetras--2in. 3 emerald cories. 2 spotted cories. (I know it's overstocked, but my dad does not want to give them away.)
6~Water change today. Vacuum gravel a week ago. Do this every week. Removed 50 percent. But will cut down to 20 percent.
7~emerald catfish-from 6 months. The others 3 or 2 months ago.
8~Just changed substrate. From gravel to pool filter sand.
9~hikari pellets. Tried feeding them bloodworms, but didn't seem to eat.
Did you change the substrate with them in the tank?

Thanks for your reply. No, I removed them while changing.

Its been a week, dosed with melafix for a week. My two peppered catfish are still sick, still have the same symptoms as before. What is happening? They swim and eat fine. The other fish are not red or anything. Could it be the change of substrate, the frozen bloodworms? And i do not think its nipping, the other fish seem to ignore them.

Please help!l :thanks:

Yes. I have a piece of driftwood. But i dont think thats it, their whole body is red and covered in splotches??? Or something. I will post a pic

Back
Top Bottom