Sick Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

x.fire.x

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For over a month now one of my platies has showed signs of illness. From advice in an earlier thread I started to do 2 x 20% water changes a week and bought a water testing kit but there seems to be no improvement. The platy is flashing, mostly through the day she floats at the waters surface not moving and at night recently has started to lie on the sand. She rarely eats except when I feed bloodworms and is now very skinny. My water testing kit shows pH 7, ammonia 0, nitrite 0.1, nitrate 5. Does anyone have any advice for diagnosis? I don't have a hospital tank but i will buy one if i need to treat her separately. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Sorry about your fish. :( Is she doing any better? It really could be anything. Do you notice white spots that look like salt? Can you post a pic?

This is a picture from a week or so ago. I can't physically see anything wrong with her at all and I've really looked, i thought her gills were a bit reddened the other day but not sure if I'm trying to see things. The strange thing is there will be an hour or so in the day when she will look fine and swim around with fins unclamped but it never lasts long. I was advised by the pet shop to try aquarium salt but I have two loaches and read that it's bad for scaleless fish.. I'm unsure what to do when I don't know what to treat for. Also there is a Pearl Danio in the tank who also is also flashing a little but shows no other sign of sickness.

Attachments

• image-38381148.jpg
    image-38381148.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom