Sick platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was hoping somebody would be able to help me. One of my platies is swimming with clamped fins and he has got what I can only describe as a hunchback appearance. And yesterday I saw a couple of small fluffy spots on him. He is in a tank by himself. I've recently finished a course of medication for worms and flukes in main aquarium but took him out when I saw this as I dont want to treat my while tank.

It could be velvet with the fluffy stuff on him. I'm not that experienced in the sickness department. Sorry

It doesn't look like pictures of velvet that I've seen. It's back is up in a lump and there are a couple of small white fluffy looking growths sticking out of him. Any suggestions of what it could be?

Do you think you could take a picture and show us here? maybe someone can help you when they see a picture and know what it is. :huh:

I'll try and get some tomorrow or later tonight but these are from when he was in main tank.

Attachments

• image-3543111309.jpg
    image-3543111309.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image-223117484.jpg
    image-223117484.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom