Sick platy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sara657

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have had my tank 2 and a half years now, its a juwel prime 110 litres with a juwel compact filter system (Juwel ecoflow 500 pump).
My fish are:
8 platys
1 golden gourami
4 widow tetra
3 guppy
2 upside down catfish

I have been away working for a while with family looking after the tank which caused conditions to drop a bit which could be the root of my problem.
Nitrate was at around 0.25 ppm, nitrite 0, nitrate 50ppm. I set about correcting this and levels are now back to normal (nitrate and nitrite 0, nitrate <20 and still dropping).
However some of my platys are looking like it wasn't quite in time as they have come down with something.
What I noticed: Curved back (on 2 of 3), skinny (all 3) and one of the curved back ones also has a slight fluffy growth on one eye, fins also a bit ragged).
I separated these 3 from the rest around a week ago and added some aquarium salt to the water. They are still eating but not very active.

I haven't been able to take any decent photos but have attached the bets I had (taken in a transport bag due to the position and stuff in tank being in the way, and I don't want to disturb her more in another attempt.)

No one else in the tank has displayed any symptoms yet.
Anyone any ideas on what it is or advice on how to help them?
mnzcquzun

Back
Top Bottom