Sick Pleco? Worried!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoubleA

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have this gorgeous Clown Pleco. Kenbob gave me as a gift a few days ago. I am suspicious it hasn't been eating, and seems to have this white spot on it's head that I hadn't noticed before... It doesn't look like ich though. I've tried fresh zuccini, tetra algae wafers, bottom feeder tabs, there is live plants in the tank along with some mopani driftwood, so I'm assuming he has plenty of food options. Any ideas on how I can encourage it to eat, and what the white spot may be? :(
All other fish in the tank look happy and healthy, I have not observed anything else out of the ordinary.

Tank parameters:

pH: 7.4
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5-10 ppm
Temp.: 74.1 F

Pictures:

66356-albums10316-picture43406.jpg

66356-albums10316-picture43472.jpg

66356-albums10316-picture43473.jpg

66356-albums10316-picture43474.jpg

66356-albums10316-picture43475.jpg

He looks like he has fin and tail rot. Maybe that's why he doesn't feel good.

He looks like he has fin and tail rot. Maybe that's why he doesn't feel good.

Thanks for your suggestions :) But he is not showing signs of fin/tail rot. They look normal and healthy. There is no white spots, and what would appear to be fraying, is actually how his fins/tail naturally are. The only spot is on his head next to his eye. It's not hairy or fuzzy, just looks like what a water spot on the outside of an aquarium would..

I have also not witnessed any signs of bullying between the occupants... or any other stress causing factors I can think of other than adding him to this tank 3 days ago.

Also seems a bit disoriented, just saw him swim up then down, looked fine while swimming, but on his way down he just kinda did a nose dive into the sand and tilted almost upside down before righting himself on the sand again

Well, nevermind.. he died... *@#$%

Would still appreciate anyone's input on what may have caused his untimely demise.
Was it from not eating? (It's stomach area was somewhat sunken in) or some sort of illness. Being both an expensive fish, and I was very attached to it, I'm pretty beat up over his loss and could use some closure :(

Really? Not a single worthwhile bit of info? Everyone jumps on some noob's sick 25 cent goldfish in a 10 gallon tank that doesn't know what ammonia is or how to cycle a tank, but noone can come up with 2 cents worth of useful help when it comes to a fish/investment in a seasoned setup that actually takes some effort, expense and care to upkeep? Was about to become a forum supporter but what for? Why should I pay for something that does nothing to help me? Even the Forum Moderators speak cryptic BS that means nothing to someone that only needs a SIMPLE SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT TYPE OF LIGHT (BETWEEN 2 CHOICES) WOULD HELP HIS **** PLANTS GROW IN A SET SIZE TANK UNDER SPECIFIC CONDITIONS AS STATED. ELITIST JERKOFF

Back
Top Bottom