Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sick rainbow praecox

I noticed one of my dwarf neon rainbow fish was looking sickly, slightly off colour and its fins were not looking correct, it was only swimming in one spot and wouldnt eat.

I tested the water nothing wrong with it, all other fish seem healthy and lively, all eating.

So I quarantined it and put medicine in my tank just to be safe and to try and save it, I then noticed later one it was struggling with oxygen as it was staying at the top of the water.

This was the only fish doing this.

I turned off the light and tried to let it settle down, I went to go check on it, but unfortunately it died.

I got it out put some extra bacteria in the tank, and examined the fish, I couldn't see much wrong with it except for a very black head which seemed slightly damaged.

But I'm wondering, did I do everything right, or did i miss something to try and save it, or was I just unfortunately to late to save it?

Old 02-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like you did everything right. You may not have caught it in time or were using the wrong medicine for its particular issue.

Old 02-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

TBH I have no idea I think I was too late as this all happened today, as soon as I woke up and fed them and saw her not doing much or moving I rushed out a brought both melafix and pimafix, I put in the melafix today, but unfortunately it died also today so I dont think it even had time for the medicine to work.

But as long as I know I did everything right then I cant beat myself up too much about it

Tags
ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com