Sick SAE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juni0rsm0m

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a three and a half-year-old Siamese Algae Eater that is having a really hard time swimming (very clumsy and takes a lot of effort). He spends all day resting in a few different spots. His breathing seems to be labored as well. He hasn't been feeding with the rest of the fish like he usually does for the last five days. It was suggested to me that it might be parasites, so I treated the whole tank and there was no change after three days. I got him to eat the other day by holding algae wafers and mashed up peas in front of his face, but he didn't want any today. He seems to be deteriorating and I don't know what's wrong with him. Visually he looks fine, if a bit skinny. I have five black skirt tetras, four peppered cories, one BN pleco, and one Betta. Everyone else seems fine. My levels are 0 amonia and nitrites, 5ppm nitrates, 7.0 ph, and about 79 degrees Fahrenheit. The only thing that has changed recently is about three weeks ago I moved from a 29 gallon tank to a 60 gallon tank. And two weeks before that I added four black skirts and four peppered cories and a Betta. Perhaps I need a different parasite med? I used PraziPro, which is all I had.

I forgot to mention I'm running two penguin bio wheel 350s and I did a giant water change last week maybe 65-70%.

Back
Top Bottom