Sick Scarlet Badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
1484222552193.jpg

My Scarlet badis just lies there for the past two days. When I first got him he was energetic eating and swimming in the plants. I have two and this one never really colored up much but compared to the way he is now there is definitely a problem. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Almost all info says they demand live food?
You have no live food to offer?
This may be the problem?
My LFS had a tank of those guys also.It looked all male to me,but I don't know if that is a big problem.They did not seem to like each other I will say?

This may be the problem?
My LFS had a tank of those guys also.It looked all male to me,but I don't know if that is a big problem.They did not seem to like each other I will say?
IV kept badis for a few a months. An I hardly feed them live foods. They ate flakes, shrimp pellets etc . I think it something else. Not saying they don't cause I read also they love live foods or recommended for them.

View attachment 293171

My Scarlet badis just lies there for the past two days. When I first got him he was energetic eating and swimming in the plants. I have two and this one never really colored up much but compared to the way he is now there is definitely a problem. Does anyone know what's wrong?
How many of them? Do you have in the tank? M to f ratio? What other fish are in the tank?

This may be the problem?
Usually people only come across males. Females are extremely rare in the trade, but my other badis (also male) is thriving he has bright coloration eats well and I've had these guys for about a month so it could be something he picked up at the lfs possibly. What it is I'm not sure.

IV kept badis for a few a months. An I hardly feed them live foods. They ate flakes, shrimp pellets etc . I think it something else. Not saying they don't cause I read also they love live foods or recommended for them.
I'm thinking the same thing I'm just not quite sure what he has my other one is just fine.

Yea it is. He could be possibly getting beat up by other badis. Any other tank mates in the tank

He certainly is not the alpha male so that could definitely be a possibility

Back
Top Bottom