Sick tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I recently had a tetra who died.. It was a pristella tetra that I've had for probably a year and a half maybe two years and he started acting funny and always hiding. Then his back started to get curved out of no where. He would sometimes eat but he was definitely going downhill. And then he ended up dying. I checked water parameters and they were all good. Nitrate:10 nitrite:0 and ammonia:0 I did a water change but that didn't seem to help. Now two of my other fish (another pristella and a black skirt) are starting to hide and I'm getting worried. I tried to post a video but couldn't? Any ideas on what to do? More water changes? Or increased temperature? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No fish have been added for over a year.

One of my black skirts is now really skinny and he has a white poop! What should I do!

I think it might be internal parasites. What would be the best medication?

I don't think my fish stores will have that one. But I will definitely look tomorrow. I know petsmart doesn't.

Prazipro, API General Cure, and Tetra Parasite Guard all have the same active ingredients of praziquantel and metronidazole (plus other antibiotic/antimicrobials).

As for the pristella with the bent spine, it could be fish tuberculosis, neon tetra disease (but I doubt that considering how long it has been in the tank). Watch for serious fading of colors. If you see it, remove the fish to quarantine. It might be a good idea to do that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom