sick tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmlong

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone help me? I have a red minor tetra that has had this problem now for about a month. It started as this white cotton spot (cotton wool) right between her eyes and i got some AP plus anti fungus and treated her in quarantine and put her back in when it looked better. Now she has black scaly like growth from between the eyes up to the dorsal fin and won't eat either. I quarantined again and have been treating since last thurs. night and still not getting better and won't eat. I am treating for fungus but maybe this is bacterial. What should i get to get her back into health. I checked the sites that describe the conditions but its easier to talk to someone that may know about it. Her gills are a little red but i'm thinkiing maybe from the medicine. There are no ulcers or flesh eating pits in her. Other than being thin from not eating and the black growth, her appearance looks good. can anyone help me?
thanks

It sounds like a parasitic infection to me. Black or red spots on skin, red gills. Jungle Labs makes a product called Parasite Clear. I've found it it to be very effective. Don't QT the fish. Instead treat the entire tank or it's likely to reoccur.

Back
Top Bottom