Sickly Looking Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobScoots

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all.

So I picked up a school of 4 peppered Cory's this Saturday afternoon, and added them to my 24g. I didn't notice anything awry at first.

On Sunday I saw that it looked like something was wrong with one of their fins, and now it's gotten worse and it looks like his skin is peeling! I've attached a photo for reference.

Water perimeters are all kosher. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrIte, 20ppm nitrAte.

Other inhabitants are 6 zebra danios, all doing great. 2 mystery snails, and 6 amano shrimp. And many small pond snails.

The other cory's look good for now, but I don't want anything bad to spread. Also, it's not looking good for the the sick guy, any thoughts on what to do?

Attachments

• sick cory.jpg
    sick cory.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 79
One of My bronze Cory's had a small patch of that white stuff on the same place it was from him being nipped I put him in a breeder net until it went back to normal and put him back then he wasn't nipped again watch if he is being nipped if he is put him somewhere where he won't

Have you got a QT? I would put him into that and treat him with some melafix and see how he goes.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

So I put the cory in a QT tank with melafix and pimafix, but he didn't make it past Tuesday night...

I've been keeping a close eye on the rest of the tank. Just now (Thurs AM) I work up and another cory looks worse than the first! He was all pale and sitting on the bottom. I put him in QT and he won't even set himself upright.

I was able to catch another one of them, maybe too easily, he didn't put up much of a fight. But the third is hiding too well for me to get him.

The other inhabitants (danios, shrimp, snails) all look good as ever, swimming around like mad.

I'm gonna keep them in QT and hopefully catch the third. Any thoughts on what this could be??

Back
Top Bottom