I've had my discus for around two years now.
I have(had) three blue diamonds, two maize turqs, two red leopard, one white diamond, three Golden Discus, and one Red Pigeon Blood Discus.
They are mixed in a tank with four pelcos, and four black angelfish.
Recently, two blue diamonds, a maize turq, and a red leopard died.
It wasn't overnight, it was over... about 3 months time.
I searched for what was wrong with my discus, but i couldn't find an answer.
Now, ALL of the discus have the same symptoms as the ones that died:
- sink down to the bottom of the tank, breathing rapidly/sometimes very little and little movement from fins.
- when they swim, they "wobble" a lot. Almost as if they are struggling to even stay several inches above the bottom
- their top dorsal fin, it's smoothed back. looks like the fin is trying to go flat on the top of the body
- their tail fin sometimes twitch for a good five seconds before it goes back struggling to swin.
- the cheeks are dark
- very skinny, they eat regularly. I feed them Flakes, I'm not sure of the name. It's in a different language, but it is specifically for Discus. Ingredients: (Fish meal, shrimp meal, soy bean, wheatgerm meal, dry yeast, vitamins and minerals)
this time all the discus is infected, now three of them are in critical condition. They lay flat on the tank bottom. They try to get up occasionally, but they look so weak.
My angelfish and pelcos are absolutely fine...
I have a six feet long, one foot width, and two and a half feet tall tank.
Sorry, I forgot the number of gallon, but I will measure it later.
I also just changed 40% of the tank water yesterday. They aren't getting any better, in fact... they're getting worse.
Filter system is fine, I do have bubble wand about a foot long, working fine. Temperature is at 30 degree celsius (temperature dropped a little due to water change)
I do have a little planaria, i believe they are called. The tiny squiggly white worms from over feeding. (over feeding was caused by a ten year old feeding huge cup loads of food without my permission)
Please help, I know this is a long post and everything. I don't want my fishies to diee!!!