Skin or more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifeoffroad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my rainbow fish has had a piece of white skin on his chin like the day after I got him. I think he's fighting with someone. Any thoughts

Attachments

• image-367527668.jpg
    image-367527668.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 90
Your having a tough go of it recently, I don't see anything on that picture so more than likely it's nothing to worry about.

If he is fighting with someone, it will show up. It might have been a small nick, can't see it either from the picture. If you have any sharp ornaments that might be a cause.

HUKIT said:
Your having a tough go of it recently, I don't see anything on that picture so more than likely it's nothing to worry about.

No kidding. And my water is perfect. I have a liquid API test kit and to be sure it was working I had the LFS check my water. He was very pleased. Not Petco or Petsmart but a real LFS. What I want is an inline UV sterilizer but I can't find one that is strong enough for parasites and fungus. I have some fish that have been around forever and then some random fish get something. I don't get it when I have perfect water conditions I have lost 2 tetras to cottenmouth. 1 pleco to I don't know what. I think new tank syndrome. 1 dwarf flame gourami to a sore that just took over fast. And a frog to I don't know what. Just dead one day.

No kidding. And my water is perfect. I have a liquid API test kit and to be sure it was working I had the LFS check my water. He was very pleased. Not Petco or Petsmart but a real LFS. What I want is an inline UV sterilizer but I can't find one that is strong enough for parasites and fungus. I have some fish that have been around forever and then some random fish get something. I don't get it when I have perfect water conditions I have lost 2 tetras to cottenmouth. 1 pleco to I don't know what. I think new tank syndrome. 1 dwarf flame gourami to a sore that just took over fast. And a frog to I don't know what. Just dead one day.

Sometimes things just happen I lost 14 mbuna last year to Columnaris, I would skip the sterilzer honestly it's not worth it. Just QT the fish properly and keep you water parameters clean and you'll enjoy alot of success.

Back
Top Bottom