Skinny Danio.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monkeysinacan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not sure what's wrong with my Orange Glofish Zebra Danio. It has started losing weight lately even though it is still eating. I've had this Happen to two other Danios, one a glofish and another normal, and they eventually lost weight until they died. Out of my other Danios this one was the biggest and appeared to be the healthiest until now. I need help.

The picture on the left was taken a few months ago, and the picture on the right was taken today.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 197
It almost looks like the spine has curved. I have heard that is pretty common in danios due to the large amount of inbreeding. I could be wrong. Just a guess. Sorry to hear it though. Hope he will be ok.

How long did it take for this to happen? Has it happened to other fish along with this one at the same time? What are your water parameters?

Could you possibly have added fish that he has to compete more for food?

I don't think so. I only have one other Danio in there after my other two died, and three peppered cory cats. I've been worried about adding more danios after the other two got sick and died.

How long did it take for this to happen? Has it happened to other fish along with this one at the same time? What are your water parameters?

It happened over the course of a few weeks with this fish, the other fish died much quicker. Only one fish got sick at a time.
Here are my water parameters:
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ph 7.6

Also this morning the fish only ate about 3 flakes of its food.
I don't know what could be wrong. It might be Ich but only the one fish is sick.

Right before they died the other fish looked like the fish on the left in the picture below.

Attachments

• C43031.jpg
    C43031.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 934
That's chronic wasting syndrome.
I'm sorry, I believe there is no cure and it's a slow sure death.

Back
Top Bottom